You can now explore our lineup of amazing speakers and sessions for this year! You’ll find names familiar from past #bbuzz editions, as well as newcomers amongst our speakers, all discussing the latest in information retrieval, the searchability of large amounts of data and big data processing.
We are still adding new sessions to the program while we finalize planning for #bbuzz, so make sure to check back!
Some of our highlights this year include:
- Our keynote by Jennifer Ding; she will unpack this year’s big buzzwords “open AI” and “responsible AI”.
- Suman Karumuri will share experiences, best practices, and lessons learned in designing and operating a serverless Lucene serving system at PB scale.
- Fascinated by vector search but don’t know where to start? Join Atita Arora to crack the code and leverage the potential of vector search to delight your users.
- Communicating technical knowledge effectively is a core skill for practitioners, but one which is often neglected. Sophie Watson will give practical advice on how to (and not to!) communicate technical ideas.
- Jo Kristian Bergum will discuss using generative Large Language Models (LLMs) to generate synthetic labeled data to train in-domain ranking models and distilling the knowledge and power of generative LLMs into effective ranking models.
We can’t wait to welcoming all of our speakers to the stage in Berlin this year. If you want to hear them speak as well, make sure to get your ticket for #bbuzz now.